Friday, May 16, 2008

Conti Mtn King 2.4" update with dry and semi mud comments

I have been getting more time to ride, and with the lack of rain (except weekends here in NH) the Conti Mtn King 2.4" has been a keeper.

Dry-
I had to increase the tire pressure from riding in the snow (to achieve more float). The tire felt very squirmy, but I have it ~28-30 psi and it is awesome. Hooks up when I need it, standing to power up rooty, rocky sections. I like it and think this is a winning combo with the Rampage up front for riding SS and no suspension.

Semi muddy-
The Rampage has a tendency to slide out (envision riding on ice and turning) but the Mtn King really digs in thanks to the tall knobs and adequate spacing. The material of the rubber does not seem to hold mud, at least not like other tires I have tried.

Sidewall-
The pseudo raised grid extra thick casing has revealed that it is holding up well scraping through rocky and rooty sections with no signs of wear. So far so good.

With all this talk on riding, I am going to head out for a little Friday lunch time ripper.

Ride on!

-Dan

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dan, just mounted at 2.4F/2.2R mtn king pro combo on my 26 incher. Liking them so far too. Just discovered your blog from a forum signature.