Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Harpoon IPA and oatmeal raisin cookies


That's what I had a craving for after today's ride.
Must be something about "Spring" time and road bike rides.
So I went out for a road ride today and it was colder than I thought, I usually overdress, but I was cold, had too big of a lunch, headwind, sun never seemed to warm me up.
Ooh, is my rear brake rubbing on the rim, robbing me of power?
Look down, dang, it's not.
How about air in my tires, are they low?
Front-nope.
Rear, crap! Why does it feel like I am towing a boat anchor?!!!

Then I turned on Drinkwater road, and I felt refreshed.
I don't know if it was the wind changing directions, I finally warmed up enough, or what, but I was starting to feel good about this ride.
Felt the need to put the hands on the drops and just crank out some circles. Lifting up on the upstroke and simultaneously pushing down on the other foot.
I felt like a weapon, a weapon that needed Harpoon IPA and oatmeal raisin cookies for fuel!
What a great reward.

No comments: