Thursday, July 28, 2005

Single Speed bicycles

In a word, they rule.
A simple statement for a simple bicycle.
Less parts to go wrong with.
Get on and ride, no worries about being in the right gear, as single speeds are always in the RIGHT gear.
Derailluers suck!

I recently converted my 2004 Gary Fisher Cake 2 dlx (5 inch of travel front and rear) to a single speed. The bike originally came with 27 combinations of speeds, but I found I don't shift that much.


I actually haven't ridden this bike since I converted my old 1997 Trek 8900 hardtail to a single speed as an experiment in Nov. '04. I was just going to try it.
Well, I liked it so much in the snow, that after my road riding episode (the wet spring months here in NH), I am lusting after a dedicated SS, and getting rid of my other bikes.


more too follow.......

No comments: